The EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage)
Within Nursery and Reception we strive to cultivate children’s natural curiosity for learning through developing the characteristics of Effective Learning including:
- Playing and Exploring – children investigate and experience things, and ‘have a go.’
- Active Learning – children concentrate and keep on trying if they encounter difficulties.
- Creating and Thinking Critically – children develop their own ideas, make links and develop strategies for doing things.
- Developing values of kindness and respect for others.
- There are many different stages of development within each Area of Learning. All staff within the EYFS are able to identify learning opportunities to meet the needs of each child as an individual. Activities are planned and supported to nurture and ensure every child will progress during their time in the EYFS. As well as planned activities we value each child’s interests and ideas ensuring every moment is a learning moment.