We, at St Martin’s CE Primary School provide a happy, nurturing and supportive environment rooted in the principles of the Christian faith; allowing children’s spiritual growth and moral understanding to flourish. All members of our school community are valued and respected, so that everyone develops a positive attitude to themselves, others and life.
Our school’s Christian character contributes significantly to the academic achievement, personal development and well-being of all learners. Although we are a church school, we are inclusive to all members of the community we serve. Our aim is that pupils from all faiths and those without a faith feel safe and happy, secure in the knowledge that their beliefs are respected and valued.
As a Church school:
- We believe each person is made in the image of God. We strive to reflect the love of God, love of life and a love of learning in all that we do.
- Our school is built on our core Christian values.
- Our aim is to nurture the intellectual, emotional, social and spiritual development of all our pupils to allow them to become courageous advocates and global citizens.
- We believe that children need a caring, consistent environment where they are treated with respect and where their well-being is at the heart of all we do.
We believe that each child should leave school with:
- A sense of moral and spiritual purpose.
- A sense of wonder and to be inquisitive about the world around them.
- A love of learning and to be aspirational in all they do.
- A growing ability to relate to and communicate with other people.
- A sense of their citizenship within the school, the wider community and globally.
|We work hard towards ensuring that our values are at the very heart of our school. Our values are derived from key values central to Christianity. We are ambitious – we want each member of the school to flourish and realise their true potential in a nurturing Christian environment.|
A deeply Christian ethos runs through the school, serving the common good. All members of school feel supported and valued. Our school is a place where relationships flourish and grow; relationships within the whole community are important, not only amongst the staff and children but also with the wider community.