SEND Provision at St Martin’s
It is by investing time, resources and support that every child will be able to achieve their full potential. We will accept all children at St Martin’s, whatever their special educational needs. There will be no barriers to entry.
Understanding and including all differences and challenges individuals face are a key factor in being able to provide an accessible learning platform for individuals to grow and develop and overcome their learning barriers. At St Martins it is important to us that we are able to provide educational provisions that help and support all our pupils, including the individual and unique challenges some pupils are in need of.
Provisions in place to help to support pupils with Special Educational Needs include:
- Specialised sensory room and OT room.
- Trained support staff for pupils with 1-1 needs.
- Adapting lessons to include pupils with mild special educational needs.
- Visual learning aids to help support individual learning abilities.
- A robust curriculum that includes additional support, so it can be accessed by pupils with a range of needs.
- Sessions to help with speech and language, social communications are held on site with trained specialised staff to help with a wide range of mild special needs including ASD, Dyslexia and Social Communication needs.
- Support with Educational Health Care Plans for pupils that will require additional supports to access the curriculum.
- Mrs. Johann Coates – Headteacher
- Miss Kelly Higgins – Special Educational Needs and Disability Co-Ordinator (SENDCO)
- Ms Shehlla Akhter – SRP HLTA
- Miss Nicole Alexis – Learning Mentor
Our SEND Policy and SEND information report can be found of our school policies page.
Please direct any enquires regarding SEND to the school SENDCO Miss Kelly Higgins via the school contact details below.
Address: St Martin’s C E Primary School, Rowan Road, West Drayton, Middlesex, UB7 7UF
Telephone: 01895 462350
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org